Current internships available:
Sports Management Internship
The San Diego Hall of Champions (SDHOC) is America’s largest multi-sport museum, boasting three levels and nearly 70,000 square foot of sports-related space and memorabilia related to San Diego’s vibrant sports scene. This is a unique opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at the operation of a sports organization and museum that also doubles as an event venue, has an extensive awards and recognition program, delivers various sports programming to the local community, and strives daily to enhance the lives of San Diegans through sports.
All San Diego Hall of Champions (SDHOC) internship program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience in the events industry.
The desired candidate should have the following skill set:
- Fluency in Word, Excel
- High organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Take direction well
- Be a self-starter
Duties of the job / internship:
Potential Intern Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in day to day operations of the Hall
- Assist with special events (Salute to the Champions, luncheons, other events as they are scheduled)
- Assist with youth camps and awards programs
- Develop marketing materials
- Website and social media coordination
- Administrative duties including phone calls, data entry, and mailings
- Grant application research
Please reply to TerriR@sdhoc.com. Please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter explaining why you believe you are a strong candidate for this internship opportunity.