Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1999 by Ron Fowler, founding Chairman of the San Diego International Sports Foundation, Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship Fund offers a one-year, $5,000 scholarship to several high school seniors in San Diego County each year. The recipients must have demonstrated his or her ability to overcome personal obstacles associated with drugs or alcohol, a strong commitment to athletics and continuing their personal growth and development through higher education. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but academic growth will be considered.
- $5,000 college scholarship for the school year September 2017 - June 2018
- Eligible expenses are college tuition, books and on-campus housing.
- High school senior who will enroll in either a two- or four-year college
- Has overcome personal obstacles and troubles in life associated with drugs or alcohol
- Demonstrated athletic achievement and participation in organized sports
- Demonstrate leadership ability and demonstrated personal responsibility
- Demonstrated academic growth
- Demonstrated financial need
- Has a strong commitment to setting and reaching life goals
- All submissions must include: the completed nomination form, a copy of the student's high school transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a teach, coach or counselor.
- The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee's behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
- All nominations should be submitted by a coach, teacher, counselor or principal.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
San Diego Hall of Champions , Attn: Sarah Petitpierre-Branco
2131 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
February 17, 2017. (Please note that all documents must be postmarked on or before that date) The selection of the qualified recipients will be made in March 2017 and the winners will be notified in early April 2017. Recipients will be required to attend a local presentation ceremony.
Click the "donate" button below, or checks can be made out to the Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship Fund and mailed to:
San Diego Hall of Champions
2131 Pan American Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
Donations are fully deductible as a charitable contribution to the San Diego Hall of Champions, a 501 (c)(3).
For further information please call Sarah Petitpierre-Branco at 619.699.2338 or complete the application form below
|2017 BFMS Application.pdf||276.32 KB|